I was just ABFDE-certified. What do I need to know about recertification?
The points you claim on your Annual Update Submission Form are for activities you participated in from July 1st of the preceding year through June 30th of the current year.
Completed Update Submission Forms with supporting documentation are sent to your Recertification Manager. The list of activities and earnable points are found in the Annual Update Points Scoring Table. See the answer to the “What do I submit” question below for more information on what documentation to submit.
After five years, you are required to complete an Application for Recertification. Your Recertification Manager will check that you have earned the minimum 40 points and have paid your annual dues. Once it is determined that you have met the qualifications for recertification, you will receive a letter stating that your certification has been extended for five more years, and the Corporate Office will send you a new ABFDE Membership card. Your accumulated points are reset to zero, and you have five years to accumulate another 40 points.
When do I send in recertification documentation for points accrual?
What do I submit?
- Conference attendance: proof of registration and agenda to show how many technical sessions were attended
- Workshop attendance: ABFDE Workshop Attendance Record for 3 points per half day. Alternatively, the meeting agenda can be submitted for 2 points per half day when the workshop has not been pre-approved by the Board.
- Paper or poster presentation: copy of the paper or presentation (electronic or hard copy)
- QD-related article published in a non-QD publication: copy of the paper (electronic or hard copy)
- Presentation of QD workshop: a copy of the presentation or summary of the information conveyed
- Completion of QD-related course: copy of the course outline and documentation of grade earned
- Proficiency test: copy of successful completion of test
- Preparing an accepted Practical Case Assignment or written test question: copy of the acceptance correspondence sent to you from the Testing Committee Chair