Workshops must be pre-approved for full (3) recertification points. In order to qualify, the workshop must meet the following criteria:
- It must be of intrinsic value to experienced document examiners.
- It must be at least 1/2 day (minimum 3 1/2 hours) duration.
- There must be some participation by the attendees.
- There must be at least 5 participating document examiners.
- The instructor(s) must be eminently qualified in the field covered by the workshop.
- The designated coordinator agrees to provide to the Board a list of participants or other verification of attendance.
To apply for workshop approval, please fill out the Application for Workshop Approval. A member of the Continuing Education Committee will respond as soon as possible.
If approved, a Workshop Attendance Record for ABFDE Recertification will be sent to the workshop instructor(s). A signed copy should be given to each ABFDE Diplomate attendee for submittal with the annual update forms.