The workshop presenter typically completes the application to receive Board approval. Once approved, the Diplomates who attend will receive a Workshop Attendance Record, which can be submitted for points during that recertification year.
Workshops must be pre-approved for full recertification points (3 points for each half-day). In order to qualify, the workshop must meet the following criteria:
- It must be of intrinsic value to experienced document examiners.
- It must be at least 1/2 day (minimum 3 hours) duration.
- There must be some participation by the attendees.
- There must be at least 5 participating document examiners.
- The instructor(s) must be eminently qualified in the field covered by the workshop.
- The designated coordinator agrees to provide to the Board a list of participants or other verification of attendance.
To apply for workshop approval, please fill out the online application or download the application and send the completed application to the Continuing Education Chair:
A member of the Continuing Education Committee will respond as soon as possible.
If approved, a Workshop Attendance Record for ABFDE Recertification will be sent to the workshop instructor(s). A signed copy should be given to each ABFDE Diplomate attendee for submittal with the annual update forms.