The application for workshop approval is completed prior to commencement of the workshop. It can be filled out by the workshop presenter, a Diplomate assisting with the program, or a Diplomate familiar with the workshop specifics. Once approved by the Board, the Diplomates who attend will receive a Workshop Attendance Record, which can be submitted for points during that recertification year. If you have a question about attendance at a workshop in the past recertification year, please contact your Recertification Manager.
Workshops must be pre-approved for full recertification points (3 points for each half-day). In order to qualify, the workshop must meet the following criteria:
- It must be of intrinsic value to experienced document examiners.
- It must be at least 1/2 day (minimum 3 hours) duration.
- There must be some participation by the attendees.
- There must be at least 5 participating document examiners.
- The instructor(s) must be eminently qualified in the field covered by the workshop.
- The designated coordinator agrees to provide to the Board a list of participants or other verification of attendance.
To apply for workshop approval, please fill out the online application or download the application and send the completed application to the Continuing Education Chair:
A member of the Continuing Education Committee will respond as soon as possible.
If approved, a Workshop Attendance Record for ABFDE Recertification will be sent to the workshop instructor(s). A signed copy should be given to each ABFDE Diplomate attendee for submittal with the annual update forms.